16 July 2011

Cava Sangria

This weekend B and I spent Saturday night hanging out with great friends celebrating my "work wife", A's, birthday.  We were treated to some great BBQ by her live-in Texan, J, and B and I came armed with Cava Sangria.  Word to the wise, this exceptionally refreshing summer drink goes down very easily - maybe a little too easily - pour carefully.

This recipe is based on a popular Southern Living recipe, but I've tweaked it based on what I like and can easily get my hands on.  And if you're looking for a cheap source for Cava, look no further than Trader Joe's.

Ingredients 

8 large mint leaves
1/2 cup raspberries, washed
1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 white nectarine, washed, cored and cut into bit size pieces 
1 bottle Cava sparkling wine, chilled 
3/4 cup white grape juice, chilled 
1/4 cup Cointreau orange liqueur 

Press mint leaves against sides of a large pitcher with back of a wooden spoon to release flavors. Add the raspberries, strawberries and nectarine.  Stir in sparkling wine, grape juice and Cointreau. Serve immediately over ice.

 
A shot from our evening of celebrating A. M and I had a great time playing with cocktail umbrellas.  I love that at nearly 30 we can still goof off like children!  At least A and G consented to be in the photo with our ridiculous umbrellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment