31 July 2011

Birthday bliss - Part 1

I turned 30 today and I got to spend my day celebrating with wonderful friends.  Since it was a Sunday, we decided brunch would be the best way to combine two things I love - friends and food!

B and I met up with N, M, A and J at 1230 at Bazin's on Church in downtown Vienna to enjoy some tasty bites and to ring in my "left-my-20s" status.  We started our meals with a round of mimosas (and a bloody Mary for J) while we settled in to decide on food. We quickly realized that we couldn't be without Navajo Fry bread as an appetizer while we continued deciding on our mains.  The fry bread arrived just as we were placing our meal orders, hot and crispy and smelling of county fair and elephant ear, drenched in cinnamon and sugar. Amazing!

Our mains arrived and we quickly found that everyone had made good choices as everything was delicious!

B and N both ordered the daily quiche, filled with asparagus and 
spinach and served with a delicious side salad.

J enjoyed prime rib sliders with blue cheese!

M chose the salmon salad with tomatoes and garbanzo beans!!

And A and I enjoyed Huevos Rancheros with homemade corn tortillas.

Before I was even half way through my huevos rancheros, I was stuffed.  So when the waitress brought out ice cream cake the N had hauled, in the scorching heat, all the way from Arlington I thought I might explode.  But the cake was so delicious that I had to set aside being full and just enjoy.  Mmmm...I'm salivating just thinking about it. 

We took our time over our meals, enjoying each other's company and laughing.  There is always a lot of laughing. This was EXACTLY the way I wanted to spend the day.  I am so grateful for every face that shared that table!  Thank you all for helping me celebrate and for being the amazing, generous, soul soothing people that you are. 

1 comment:

  1. sounds divine, both the food and the company. lucky girl. happy 30!

    ReplyDelete