28 October 2009

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Tomorrow marks the first of what I'm sure will be many occassions to cook for the office coming into the holiday season.  And, since I don't have a lot of time to cook this week, I'll be making the easiest, most idiot-proof dish to share.  While I got this recipe from my mom, I assume it's fairly common and wow, it's good and SO EASY.

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen meatballs (I buy the bags that have 96 cocktail size in them)
1 32 oz jar grape jelly
2 12 oz (I think, but they only come in one size, so whatever that is)

Into a 12-qt (very big) pot dump the grape jelly and two jars of chili sauce into the pot over medium heat.  Stir the sauce constantly until it's homogenous and warmed through.  Add your frozen meatballs. Toss meatballs thouroughly in the sauce.  Turn the heat down to medium low and let the meatballs simmer for two hours, stirring everything 30 minutes.  Serve warm or refrigerate and reheat to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment