10 October 2009

Jen and James Get Hitched!

This weekend I traveled to Michigan to attend Jen and James' wedding. Jen has been a good friend since sophomore year of college - it was amazing to watch her take the next step in her life. And what a STUNNING bride!

Their ceremony took place at the Historic Wedding Chapel in Fowlerville, MI. While I know Jen was worried about space, the small, intimate atmosphere was perfect! You could feel people's happiness for the bride and groom in every little corner! The highlight of the ceremony (in addition, of course, to the couple's vows) was James' sister Kate and her husband Kyle performing Phil Vassar's Love Is a Beautiful Thing. According to James, Kate got all the talent in the family and I can see why he says that, their song brought out lots of joyful tears all around the room.

The reception followed at the Howell Opera House, again, an intimate venue that turned into total party when the DJ rocked Christina's Dirty. And of course, as the song reminds me, this was another wonderful opportunity to spend time with my college friends, some of the people I miss most in my life everyday.

All in all, a wonderful wedding with a beautiful bride and a lucky groom (his words!). Here's a couple pics I nabbed from Facebook of my gorgeous friends! Their photogs were incredible. More casual (READ: Inappropriate) pics from the wedding still to come.

1 comment:

  1. sounds fabulous! sad i missed it. looking forward to pics.

    ReplyDelete