12 March 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad's 61st birthday! And he really is 61 years young. In fact, in tribute to how young my "old man" dad really is, I have to share these pics (sorry they're blurry, my camera doesn't do action shots very well), taken last summer at my brother's graduation open house.  Because he loves two things more than life, kids and soccer, it took about ten minutes for a pick-up soccer game to get started between the neighbors and all the kids at the party.  Here is proof that my dad really is spry enough to keep up with (actually, school) all the kids.  And the best part, true to village kid he is at heart, he's barefoot while doing it. Love you, Dad!

A game is forming

Game on, being slide tackled by an 8 year old

Saving an out-of-bounds ball

In motion

Check out P-Bear's lateral motion 
(P-bear is my brother's affectionate nickname for our dad)

This one is my fav, even though it's blurry you can see how happy he is

Moving toward the goal

Last free kick of the night, getting too dark to play

No comments:

Post a Comment