10 November 2009

Whistful Shopping...

Knowing that I'll have to ship most of our Christmas gifts to Michigan every year, I take advantage of many of the pre-black Friday shipping deals that start hitting my inbox sometime around November 1st. In debating what to get my parents god-daughter this year, I stumbled on perler beads.  Remember these?  You assemble them on a pegboard, lay a piece of ironing paper over them and melt them together into your very own, handmade mosaic of choice.  Want to make the perfect kitty?  No problem, there's a pegboard for that.  Or a fishy? Yep, that one's there too.  I feel like this was an "art and craft" from our childhoods and I love to see those happy little inexpensive past times making a resurrgence! Now the only proble is deciding if I'm more excited to watch Sara's face when she opens her gift or to "help" her play with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment