18 September 2011

Tin Fish in San Diego, California

Before leaving San Diego, I had to make one last stop for a fish taco at the king of fish taco stands - Tin Fish. While this local taco shop has a couple of locations, the most convenient is located right in the Gaslamp Quarter in striking distance of the harbor and Convention Center.  I have never made a trip to San Diego without making a stop here.  This Sunday, since I was getting ready to pack out for Tucson and had a few hours to kill before my flight, it seemed like a perfect time to hit up this spot and enjoy some good, cheap eats and a couple hours of reading in the sun.

While there are lots of "fish taco" options including salmon, mahi mahi, and more, my two favorites are always halibut and shrimp.  Both are "meaty" choices with a lot of substance and hold up well with all the other flavors in the taco.  This time around I opted for shrimp tacos.

 
  
When they arrived they were laden with thinly sliced, crispy cabbage, in addition to cheese, sour cream and homemade pico de gallo.  It took me all of ten minutes to belt back both tacos after which I spent the next two hours basking in the sun, digesting and reading a good book.  Great way to end my San Diego visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment