15 April 2010

Stick a fork in me...

I'm done!!!  Today marked my graduation from the ESI (George Washington University) Master's Certificate Program in Project Management. A Master's Certificate is not a huge deal since it's only about half an actual master's degree in terms of credits.  And this program was contracted through my employer and was designed to allow for relatively easy completion by a working person like me.  Specifically, the classes were presented as one-week intensives on a subject rather than having to sign up for semester classes.  All well and good except my work schedule is murder and for four of the nine classes, I couldn't be there, meaning I had to make them up at other times or in other formats (online).  This took what should have been an easy program to complete and turned it into a bear!  But I'm done. Today. I graduated.  Now all I have to do is apply to PMI (which involves cataloging 4500 hours of project management experience), get accepted, study like mad and take (and ultimately pass) the PMP exam, the professional certification exam for the project management professionals.  My goal is to have the exam taken and passed before my 29th birthday!

1 comment:

  1. yay to completing one phase. congrats! good luck getting the other stuff taken care of. i have confidence, youre ntina after all. :)

    ReplyDelete